Caviar is a delicacy consisting of salt cured eggs from the Acipenseridae family. Genuine caviar refers only to roe from STURGEON fish. Caviar Artisan is dedicated to importing caviar exclusively produced under all international CITES (Convention Of International Trade In Endangered Species) regulations, and in accordance with European Union law. Certified caviar is produced in sustainable ethical ways that has been approved and regulated under strict adherence to the highest quality standards. Each tin is vacuum sealed at the source with a control seal and a CITES label at the back.
The label for caviar containers packed in the country of origin must include the following information, in the order described:
1. Standard caviar species code: CITES has determined three letter codes for the identification of sturgeon caviar.
‘BAE’ is the standard species code for Acipenser Baerii (Baerii Caviar)
‘GUE’ is the standard species code for Acipenser Gueldenstaedtii (Oscietra Caviar)
‘DAUxSCH’ is the standard Species code for Acipenser Huso Dauricus (Hybrid Sturgeon Caviar)
‘DAU’ is the standard species code for Huso Dauricus (Giant Sturgeon Caviar)
‘HUS’ is the standard species code for Huso Huso (Beluga Caviar).
2. Caviar Source code: A letter used on CITES documents to indicate the source of the caviar, either ‘W’ for sturgeon harvested from the wild or ‘C’ for captive-bred (farmed) sturgeon .
3. Caviar origin code:This is the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) two-letter code for the country of origin, e.g. IT for Italy. A list of ISO country codes can be found at http://www.cites.org/eng/disc/parties/alphabet.shtml
4.Year of caviar harvest
5. Official registration code of the caviar processing plant: Each exporting country should establish a national registration system for processing plants, with official registration codes assigned to each. This number corresponds to that code.
6. Lot identification number: This is a number that corresponds to information related to the caviar tracking system used by the processing or re-packaging plant.
The right to cancel or return does not apply to our caviar products due to their perishable nature.
We take the greatest care over your order. If, despite our care, you should have any complaint about our products after receiving your order, the requests will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
In any case, the buyer undertakes to inspect the goods immediately upon receipt to ensure they are complete and in good condition. Any complaints about the quality and completeness must be sent within 24 hours after delivery, otherwise delivery will be deemed accepted. If you have a complaint, please send a photograph of the product by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.